Wednesday, July 30, 2008

15th Edition

Welcome to the 15th edition of the Canadian Home Eudcators Blog Carnival. Once again I apologize for being late posting. I debated posting at all this week but I couldn't get away from the idea that I needed to, even if I am a day late. :) We have an even shorter trip this week than last. Our only invitations to visit this week came from Rosina in British Columbia and she has three things, on three different blogs she maintains, for us to check out. Here's what she has to say:

"First on the British Columbia HSN blog I've posted a link to a ton of maps for studying Canada and with the new school season approaching super quickly I thought this might be of interest to some :) There are blank maps for each province and territory, or you can get them with capital cities, rivers, lakes, full maps of Canada, some in color, others in black and white and more. You can view the entry at:
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/BritishColumbia/566223/

On my Homeschool blog I've shared a recipe for making Tabbouleh with Quinoa which is an ancient grain and super healthy. This is a really great refreshing summer salad and the kids loved it :) You can view the entry at:
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/BChsMamaof3/566157

And last but not least on my nature blog we shared about making painted flower prints :) With all of the great flowers and leaves out right now it's a perfect time to do this craft. You can even sneak in a little color mixing lesson with it *grin*. You can view the entry at:
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/NatureNotesFromAbove/566486".

Thanks, Rosina, for inviting us to visit. You always share the most interesting things.

I know that everyone is busy these days and that probably accounts for how slow things have been. I know I've been busy myself and I haven't blogged on my personal blog for a long time. Hopefully things will pick up soon. In the meantime I am thinking of possible ways to help make things better and I may post about it in the near future. I'm always open to suggestions so please either write them in the comments or send me an email.

If all goes well the next edition of the carnival will be posted August 5. Please get your submissions in before then.

Hopefully I'll hear from a bunch of you soon.