Tuesday, August 26, 2008

19th Edition!

Welcome to the 19th edition of the Canadian Home Educators Blog Carnival. The trip is not as full this week as I would like for a few reasons - I didn't get many submissions, life has been crazy around here which means I didn't get very much time to scout out submissions, and my computer has been acting up. Soooo...without further ado here is the 19th edition of the Canadian Home Educators Blog Carnival

We'll start this trip in Newfoundland and Labrador at my house as I tell you about a couple of places to go if you're Looking for ideas on what to blog about. I'm hoping it will inspire more posts from everyone and that in turn will mean more invitations to visit for the carnival. :)

Next we're off to Nova Scotia to visit with Dawn as she exclaims "History Doesn't Get Much Cooler Then This..." while telling us about the History Canada Game, a special Canadian version for the Civilizations computer game.

After a fair bit of traveling we'll finally stop in and visit with Alex in Ontario as she tells us she's been taking advantage of time to get school plans in place This past week....

Next we're off to Saskatchewan to visit with Julia as she tells us she's looking forward to a A Promising Year as they've ironed out the activities they will be involved in this coming year.

Crossing the border into Alberta, we'll drop in on Heather as she talks about The Many Faces of August that keep vying for her attention.

Our last stop for this trip is in British Ccolumbia. First of all Rosina tells us about the fun they had with the Unplugged Project ~ Cylinder (Pencil Game). Before we leave she invites us to check in to the British Columbia HSN blog where she's written an excellent post on Homeschooling in British Columbia ~ How to get started & Registering vs. Enroling.

And that brings us to the end of this trip across the country visiting with homeschooling families along the way. Thank you to those of you that were kind enough to allow us to visit.

I'd also like to thank those of you that have reponded to my request for information about your experience with homeschooling regulations and funding in the different provinces. The original due date for the article has been extended so that I have more time to gather information so you still have plenty of time to participate in the research. I'd love to hear from as many as possible. It has been quite interesting to read about the different experiences. I am considering setting up a special page, or post, of links to blog posts about the topic, though most of the responses I've received so far have been through email rather than blog posts. Any thoughts on this?

If you haven't already done so, please take the time to read the post about Tours for Canadian Homeschoolers Abroad and to vote in the poll in the side bar.

If all goes well the next edition of the Canadian Home Educators Blog Carnival will be posted September 2. I hope to receive lots of submissions before that day, and the sooner the better. It makes things so much easier for me if I get submissions early and don't have to take the time to search them out.

Hope to hear from all of you soon!