Tuesday, May 20, 2008

5th Edition of the Canadian Home Educators Blog Carnival

Are you ready for our 5th trip across our country as we visit with home schooling families along the way? We have to do a bit of province hopping this time around as we didn't get invitations to visit in all provinces, but we'll still have some fun. Let's go!

We're going to leave from my house, Jacqueline, in Newfoundland and I'm going to share about the support groups I've had the privilege to be a part of, because We all need somebody to lean on.

Before we leave Newfoundland we'll drop in to visit with Linda as she shares with us that her about her Homeschooling Support and tells us that her biggest support came from the internet through online discussion groups.

Hopping over to Nova Scotia we'll drop in on Michelle as she shares her Thoughts on how her faith brings her through some rough times.

We'll stop in to visit with Dawn before we leave Nova Scotia as she tells us about My Homeschool Mentors and has a revelation while she shares with us! Check it out.

Next we'll hop over to Ontario and visit with Mama Squirrel as she tells us a story In which Crayons reaches the high-water mark of Year One and shares about some favorite books in Ambleside Online's Year One.

When we leave there we'll hop over to vist with Julia in Saskatchewan as she tells us about how her Homeschool Support locally seems to change each year, so she's thankful for the many different online support groups and blogs to carry her through.

Our next, and last hop, is into British Columbia to visit with Rosina where we'll check out A Robin's Nest her family has been enjoying watching. They discovered the nest in a hanging basket right outside their window and they have a perfect view of it and have great pictures to share.

I don't know about you, but I've really enjoyed this hop across the country, though it would have been nice to not have had to make such long hops without stops in some places. :)

Thank you to each of you for the invitations to visit with you this week. We look forward to visiting with each of you again.

Also thank you to each of you that participated in the poll last week. The majority of people liked the idea of the drop down menu and nobody was against it so I will be working on getting that in place this week.

I don't know if any of you noticed, but I've created a new graphic for the Carnival. I really didn't like the big old button that I first made so I've been anxious to change it. I finally got it all worked out today. If you had already added the button to your blog you don't need to worry about changing it because I worked it so that it automatically changed to the new one wherever the old one was posted.

The next edition of the carnival will be posted May 27th, with the deadline for submissions being May 26th. I will post a call, with a suggested theme tomorrow, so be watching for it and please help spread the word.